When FrameReady imports a new vendor record it needs to know what formula to apply to that particular record. It searches the Pricing Options and Defaults file for a default record. Therefore, it is important to understand and set up these default records properly. The Price Codes Pricing Options and Defaults screen is used as a reference for vendor price updates and for storing your own unique formulas.
Access: Price Codes file > Moulding side bar button > Frame Pricing tab > Pricing Options and Defaults button
- There are numerous pricing records on alternating colored blocks going down the screen. Each record consists of the Formula, Set Price, and Default selection boxes. These can be divided into two parts. The part which determines the price to be calculated: Formula, and Set Price. And the part which governs when and if it will be applied: Default.
- The Formula field must a have formula entered into it. The formula must identify which wholesale cost field will be used and what markup is to be applied to it. It can also include other factors, such as, a dollar amount per foot, or a vendor discount that you wish to pass on to your customers. The formula that is entered is what determines your selling price per foot of moulding.
- The Set Price field becomes a fixed dollar amount which is added on to the calculated price of a frame. It can be entered as a number or a formula.
- The Minimum & Surcharges tab contains 3 additional charges which can be added to the retail price: Minimum Footage field ensures that smaller frames do not price below the footage amount entered in the field. (Eg. 4 foot minimum order.) Surcharges add an addition percent to the retail price when the moulding exceeds the length entered in the field. (Eg. for footage over 10 feet add 10% to the retail price.) Width Multiplier increases the width of the moulding by multiplying the moulding width against the number in the field. (NOTE: The field must always have a value of at least 1 and not exceed 2.) This will increase the amount of footage priced by a small amount. However, the size of the frame on the work order will still be accurate. (Eg. 1″ frame with 1.25 width multiplier will become 1 1/4″ and the required footage will increase accordingly.) See this article for more information. http://frameready.com/know/adding-surcharges-price-codes-file/
- The New Record button will create a blank record at the bottom of the screen for you to fill in. If this was created in error, use the Delete button to remove it.
- Find will provide you with an Enter Search Criteria Screen to find one or more pricing records by whatever criteria you enter. Click the Find button on the left side of the screen or press the Enter on your keyboard to perform your find.
- Show All will display all of your pricing records in a list view.
- Done will return you to the Price Codes file and the moulding record you were previously viewing.
- The Note field can be used to record any type of information, such as, the date it was last modified, how it is intended to be used, where you got the formula.
- Default Use Only is both a heading and a button (that’s why it is underlined). When clicked it will find all records selected as Default.
- The Default check box appears on all records but is only applied if an X appears in the box. When the Default check box is selected, a Group list and Supplier field appear below it. The group governs which records will have the Pricing Formula applied it. The Supplier field allows you make the pricing formula vendor specific (i.e., when a vendor pricing update is performed and new records are imported to the Price Codes file, the program will search for a vendor specific default record before applying a generic record). If the Supplier field is left blank, the pricing default is applied to all suppliers with items belonging to the selected group(s).
Important: For any given Group, there should always be at least one default generic record (i.e., the Supplier field is left blank).
When is a Default record used?
When you click on the Lookup My Default button (located on the Frame Pricing tab), it will paste the appropriate pricing default into the formula and set price fields for the item you are currently viewing.
When you download your Vendor Pricing Updates, your default selection will be applied to all new moulding records for that vendor.
If the Default check box is not selected, then the formula will not be applied to any records. It is simply a pricing option that you may chose to use at a later date.
- Printer button
- The Enlarge button will take you to another screen where the Formula and Set Price and will be the only items on the screen. This provides you with more room to view longer formulas. The screen also contains a button to enable you to send your formula, by email, to Adatasol Inc. for review by a technician.
- Click the Select button to apply the formula to the moulding record that you were previously viewing in the Price Codes file.
- The Apply to Group button presents a dialog box where you can apply the formula to a select group of records.
- Click the Duplicate button to create a duplicate record which you can then modify for a different group or supplier.
- Use the Delete button to remove any unwanted pricing formula records.