How to Return an Item for Store Credit
If your store has a policy of in-store credits but no refunds do the following:
- Go to Main Menu > Invoice section > New Invoice.
- Enter the product or work order number of the returned item in the Item Number field.
- Enter negative value in the Qty field (e.g. -1, -2, -3).
If the record for this item is still in the Product file, it is put back into inventory.
- Enter Customer Information.
- Click Enter A Payment.
The following dialog box appears.
- Select Refund-Store Credit as Tender.
- Click Done Go To Form View.
- Click OK.
The screen displays a credit that may be printed.
- Click Print.
The credit is recorded on the customers record in the Contacts file. When they make their next purchase and you click the Enter A Payment button, a notice appears informing you of the credit owed to the customer and the amount of the credit.