There are certain terms in the Tender field which are important and should not be changed.
Refund – Store Credit, creates a new record in the Gift Cert/Card file for the customer receiving the credit.
Store Credit, Gift Card and Gift Certificate, when used in conjunction with the Reference # field, will search for a credit in the Gift Cert/Card file and apply it to the current invoice. If the only part of the credit is used, then a new store credit will be issued for the balance.
The term Reward Points is used when a customer is redeeming points they have collected through previous purchases.
All other terms in the Tender field simply indicate how the transaction was concluded.
EDIT TENDER LIST:
To Edit the list of items that appear in the Tender drop-down list, do the following:
- Go to an unpaid invoice (Form View).
The Line Item Entry screen will appear.
- Click on the Edit button, located below the Enter a Payment button.
The Receipts dialog box will appear.
- Click in the Tender field and scroll down to the bottom of the drop down list.
- Click on Edit…
The Edit Value List “Custom 13” dialog box will appear.
- Click in the box and modify the list to suit your needs. (Eg. change Chq to Check.) When you have finished making your changes, click OK.
You will return to the Receipts dialog box.
- In the Receipts dialog box, click the Cancel button if you do not wish to enter a payment on this invoice.
If you do want to enter a payment, make your selections and click Done.