Pricing options for glazing
Formula vs Code Table or Lite Size?
Glass/glazing can be priced by a formula, a code table or a combination of the two, or by the lite size.
- Create a formula which takes your COG (price per lite size) and times it by a markup plus a set price.
- Create a code table which cross references the UI/UCM with a retail price.
- Create a code table which cross references a Fixed Size with a retail price.
See Our Video Tutorial – Pricing Glass (9 min 10 sec)
Initial set up of Glass Pricing
Access: Price Codes file > Glass side bar button
- You will need to find a sample glazing record with which to experiment.
- Click the blue Glass Pricing tab.
You will see a set of grey tabs.
- In the Markup tab, modify or enter your new formula.
See this article to understand the Pricing Options and Defaults screen for glass.
- Click the Set Price tab and modify or enter your new set price.
- Choose the radio button for your desired pricing structure, e.g. United Inch Area, Square Inch… (If necessary click Reset Size Defaults to check the Price Sampler.)