In this situation, FrameReady is used on multiple computers. One computer has been designated as the host and it serves data to the guests or host computers. Often this computer is made unavailable to others who use FrameReady as a guest.
How to Open FrameReady as a Guest with FileMaker Pro 14
- Make sure that FrameReady is open and set to Multi-user on the host or server computer.
- Open FileMaker Pro on the guest or client computer, either from the Desktop shortcut or under All Programs in the Start Menu (Windows) or from the Applications folder (Mac).
The FileMaker Quick Start screen appears.
- Look for the name of the host computer on the left side of the screen and click on it.
A list of available files appears.
Note: If you do not see the list of Host computers on the left, click on the icon in the top left corner that looks like a square with a vertical bar on the left side of it. This will toggle the section on the left to hide or unhide it.
If you still do not see a list of Hosts, see: Troubleshooting Overview
- In the list of files available on the host, click on MainMenu > Open.
- Enter your assigned Account Name (e.g. level1) and Password (e.g. wind).
- Click OK.
The Main Menu opens.