Items on the printed PO are listed alphabetically by type or Unit, then by Item Number. Items on the screen appear in the order in which they were entered.
- Accept All receives all items on the PO, adds the amount received to the Qty OnHand and changes the button from Accept to Updated.
- Click Accept when supplies are received to automatically add items to inventory in the Price Codes or Products files. If you are using the automatic inventory system, the QTY ordered will be added to the QTY in stock. The amount shown in the Footage or Qty field will be added to the Qty OnHand in the Price Codes file. Updated identifies that an item has been received.
The item number must exist in the Price Codes or Products file in order for the inventory to be updated. If no match for the item can be found in the Price Codes file or Products file, the button will display as Not Found. Clicking Accept does not create a new record for the item in any other file. You must manually create the item record in the appropriate file before clicking Accept.
FrameReady Multi Site also adds the quantity ordered to the Site 1 inventory field in the Products file, from where it can be re-distributed to the other sites.
- WO# (Work Order Number field) identifies for which project the item is being ordered. When consolidated, the WO#‘s will be removed for all items except those with a Unit of Chop or Join.
- Item Number refers to the number associated with the moulding, matboard, supply, product, etc. The bar code number of a Product (Retail Item) or Price Code item cannot be used to enter the item onto a purchase order. The full Item Number must be used when manually entering a product or framing item (moulding, matboard) onto the Purchase Order.
- Description is usually provided by the Manufacturer and provides a brief identifier of the product.
- Width x Height provides the dimensions to be ordered for matboard, chop and join frames. Dimensions can be modified on this screen.
- Unit field can be edited to read Box, Each, Foot, Length, Chop, Join or anything else you wish. The type is entered automatically based on the selection in the Price Codes file.
Note: Although it is sometimes more economical to order supplies by the box when accept is clicked, the box quantity does not update the Qty On Hand in the Price Codes file. To order by box, select Box from the Unit field, enter the Qty of boxes, and change the unit price to the price per box. When the order arrives, you need to find the record in the Price Codes file and change the quantity. If ordering other supplies by the box, change the quantity to the number of sheets or items in the box before clicking Accept.
- The Qty field is used to identify the number of matboards or supplies to be ordered. If the amount in the quantity is a part of a whole (e.g. .25, .5, .75), is it recommended that you change the quantity to a whole number as the Manufacturer will not ship half a sheet of matboard. If the decimal is not legible on the faxed order, you may receive 5 matboards rather than 1 (e.g. .5). When consolidated, the Qty field will add up all the amounts required for the same item and enter the total as a whole number.
- The Footage field is used to calculate the price of moulding being ordered. The amount of length, chop or join moulding needed is calculated as a decimal. Click in the field to change the amount you wish to order. If the amount in Qty on Hand is greater than the amount to be ordered, you may wish to delete the item and use what is in stock.
- Qty On Hand field is only available when using the automatic inventory system. The field will display the total amount of footage or quantity in your inventory. This field is not modifiable from this screen.
- Unit Price indicates the wholesale cost of the product. This field does not reflect any discounts you have entered in your Price Codes or Products file. The amount can be modified on this screen. Changes made here will not be reflected on the source record in the Price Codes file.
- Price field calculates the total price of the item being ordered based on the amount in the Footage (moulding) or Qty (supplies and products) fields. This field cannot be modified.
- Yellow button moves the line from this PO to another PO.
The following dialog box appears.
Enter the other PO Number. This operation may only be done if the alternate PO # already exists.
- Delete button – Items which are available in stock can be easily deleted from the PO. If using the auto-inventory system, you may want to make a physical check before deleting items. Clicking the Delete button will remove the entire line. This cannot be undone.
- The Back Order box is used to identify items which were ordered but have not come in. When marked, the item will be automatically added to the next PO which is created for the same vendor. When it is added to the new PO, it will be removed from the current order.